Ciena provides certification in below two categories: -
- Carrier Ethernet Certification (CE Certification)
- Optical communication certification (OC Certification)
These certifications are further sub categorized into different levels basis of expertise. Details of the levels are as given below: -
Pre-Assessment for CE
Pre-Assessment for OC
Entry Level (Pre-Assessment for CE)
Pre-Assessment for CE with 90% or more grades
5-days instructor-led (CE-A ILT) training
CE-A WBT (e-learning) course
5-days instructor-led (CE-P ILT) training
5-days instructor-led (CE-C ILT) training
Carrier Ethernet Certification Exam Path
Entry Level (Pre-Assessment for OC)
Pre-Assessment for OC with 90% or more grades
5-days instructor-led (OC-A ILT) training
5-days instructor-led (OC-P ILT) training
5-days instructor-led (OC-C ILT) training
Optical Communication Certification Exam Path
Rules for these certifications: -
- User must take exam within 30 days of attending 5days ILT course classes.
- User gets two attempts to clear exam and can reset attempt himself once not able to clear exam in first time.
- User need to come back for second attempt within 30 days of first attempt. Post that attempt will be lapsed.
- If user fails in both attempts of exam, he needs to purchase exam again.
- Once completed, user can download certificate. User must clear exam with minimum 80% or more to get certificate.
- Ciena Employee may self-enroll for exam without undergoing any pre assessment or 5-day ILT certification classes.
- Ciena Employee gets two attempts to clear the exam.
- In case employee is not able to clear the exam, he needs to undergo Certification course (ILT/WBT). Post that he needs to purchase exam. (Exam can be purchased at company cost if concern manager approves)
- Once completed, Employee can download certificate. User must clear exam with minimum 80% or more to get certificate.